Thursday, January 27, 2011

Nervously awaiting

Well, I haven't yet started with my new patient, the 6 year old boy.  My employer is waiting on paperwork from the State.  Imagine that, the State dragging their heels on much needed paperwork.  That's another story though.  I am nervously awaiting this day.  My first visit with the family will be the admission process, where we get to meet this precious child and the family will give us all of his medical information.  These visits typically last about an hour.  I am sure that this short visit will let me know if I am able to take care of another child.  I am so afraid that I will not be able to do this and disappoint his family, myself, my employer, and my own family.  Please pray for me.
Today is the 3rd week since Ashlie passed.  I can't believe that it has been that long.  It truly does not seem like it has been, perhaps just over one week.  I finished the "acknowledgements" yesterday.  It was very difficult to do, yet rewarding at the same time.  We have TRULY been blessed with people's thoughtfulness.  I hope those who consoled us know how much it is appreciated.
I don't remember if I mentioned earlier, but we were already moving this coming March.  An expected move from a temporary residence to a permanent one.  I am finding myself EXTREMELY stir crazy.  I no longer want to be in this home that we shared with Ashlie.  If I could, I would pack up now and be gone.  I have even ventured into thinking... yes, I could live the next couple of months in my sister-in-law's basement.  That is how desperate I am to get out of here.  I want to start over somewhere else.  Yet, here's my dilemma.  I don't want to put everything of my daughter's in boxes and that be all I have left.  That is what I did when I lost my parents.  It haunted me that all I had left was boxes of stuff... and not them.  Yes, I do know that I will always have my memories and love, it is just something that was difficult for me.
I designed a memorial tile in Ashlie's honor today.  When I am finished "tweaking" it, I will share it.  I frequent a craft forum www.smartbuygal.com/forum and one of the members posted a memorial tile that she had made.  It was just the angel I had been searching for;  I had searched many, many hours looking for just the right one.  So I have to thank her for posting her project!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
TaTa4Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment