Sunday, January 23, 2011

Difficult Day

Today started off probably as my worst days so far.  I felt so empty inside and am SO tired of feeling so empty.  I felt as if I couldn't do it another day.  Butterflies were turning, fluttering feverishly inside of me.  I felt as if I was going to throw up.  Knowing how I was feeling, I asked my sister-in-law if we could come to her house.  Of course, she said "Come on over!"  That was the best choice that I made today.  It was just what I needed.  To be around those who love us, and love Ashlie.  Sharing stories, drinking many cups of coffee, embracing the warmth of the fireplace.  It was very peaceful.  And I can't forget being "loved" on by their 54 lb bulldog.  Although I'm not sure my word for it would be "love."  She's a bit bigger than my 5 lb papillon!
Friday we had to make yet another visit to the funeral home.  Man... I wish our insurance company would get their act together!  I wonder if they think about what it feels like on the other end.  Would they want to have to keep returning to the funeral home where their child's services were held?
Well, we are back home now.  To our house that feels so empty.
TaTa4Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment