Monday, January 24, 2011

Finding Homes for Ashlie's Equipment

My husband and I decided to donate Ashlie's medical equipment.  We wanted to start with her school and see if they had needs there.  Today we found a home for her Hoyer lift.  It went to a woman who has been trying to obtain one for her son for over a year.  He now weighs 150 lbs and she has been lifting him all by herself.  Ashlie's stander, just another medical necessity for her, went to her physical therapist.  He has a child specifically in mind.  Ashlie would be proud.  I know that we are.  Yet another way to pay-it-foward.  Honor her memory.  It is bitter sweet though.  Yet another reminder that I am NOT living in a dream...
Today was another rough day.  Knots in my stomach, headache, no appetite... what's new.  I actually shed some tears today.  Had a wonderful conversation with my husband.  Its rough.
TaTa4Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment