Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Rough Mother's Day

Mother's Day was terribly difficult this year.  I've had some difficult Mother's Days since I lost my Mom, but this year was the worst ever.  Not only did I miss my Mom, I felt empty inside knowing that Ashlie wasn't here with me.  Church was even difficult.  But, as I far too often do, I forced my feelings down and made it through.  Just like I did while attending a family obligation.  Words cannot express how difficult it was to watch someone else enjoy their children when you have one in heaven that you can't enjoy.  Thankfully I still have other children that I can enjoy.  Better yet, I have grandbabies!
I have to vent about one thing though.  Mother's Day being so difficult, of course I got a migraine.  Still had it Monday morning so I called in sick to work.  For those of you who don't know, I am a nurse that goes into my patient's home and cares for him 7 hours a day.  This was the first time in 3 years that I called into work.  Guess what??!!  My employer didn't call my patient's family and tell them that I had called in sick!  Yeah... really.  They didn't even let my family know.  I was flabbergasted (not sure about spelling)!  Unbelievable...
TaTa4Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment