Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Trying to Get Back on Track

Trying to get back on track from the six month smacked-in-the-face, knocked-me-off-my-feet anniversary of Ashlie's passing.  Man... that hit me hard... caught me WAY off guard.  Those really rough times are such an emotional setback... seems like it takes me a while to recuperate.  I'll think I'm... well, I don't know what it would be called... I guess it would just be getting on in a life that doesn't have Ashlie in it.  Then you have these horribly difficult times that are big hurdles to make it over.  But I guess I make it over!  Something that can make those times even more difficult is when someone discounts your feelings.  Too often, others can say things about how you might react to something that seems little or trivial to them,and this can hurt very deeply.  If a grieving person feels strongly about needing to do something, or see something, don't discount that persons need.  Don't be selfish and not want someone to do something that fills a need for them.  What I'm trying to say is this... if your loved one has a need to talk to a person that was involved in the death of a loved one, perhaps by their job choice (they were just doing their job.)  Don't stop them from talking to them.  Especially when your loved one has expressed needing to do it for several months and the opportunity presents itself.  For your loved one it feels like yet another loss... another lost opportunity.
Thanks to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law for helping set up a little memorial area in our home to memorialize Ashlie.  My husband and I had felt that a little area memorializing her would be nice to have.  I had been picking up a few things, and had some ideas, but just needed help pulling it together.
TaTa4Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment