Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Six Months Ago Today

My darling Ashlie,
Six months ago today God took you to be with him in heaven.  I was not ready for you to go, but He had his plan.  You no longer need your wheelchair, you no longer have those terribly long seizures, you no longer have a feeding tube, and best of all, you are no longer in pain.  You can run and play in heaven with green, green grass and brightly colored flowers at your feet... those beautiful curls bouncing in the wind.  You always loved the wind blowing through your hair.  Your Momma is unable to find the words to describe how much I miss you... for the world is a different place without you in it.  I miss your smile... for you greeted me with a smile each and every time you saw me.  I miss wrapping your curls around my finger... your hair had grown so much and was so beautiful.  I miss getting you ready for school each morning, picking out your clothes to make sure you looked your best.  I miss pushing you in your wheelchair out to the school bus... with your niece, "E" on your lap when she was visiting... you loved them both very much, school and "E", and they loved you back equally as much.  I miss our special time when you got home from school.  I would anxiously look through your Communication Folder from school, where they would share what you did at school that day... you would smile as I read aloud from the sheet, smiling even bigger as we excitedly discussed what you had made.  I miss us going and walking the trail afterschool.  You were always so relaxed... enjoyed it so... and slept all the way back home.  If we didn't walk the trail, we would sit outside on the patio, talking about Momma's flowers, talking about nature.  Simply put... I miss you.  I miss you so much it hurts inside.  I anxiously await the day I see you again... in heaven. 
TaTa4Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment