Saturday, July 16, 2011

Missing My Girl

     Really missing Ashlie today, well I have been since the 6th.  Had a lot of errands to run today.  Seems like everywhere I went I saw something and would think "that would be so cute in Ashlie's room."  Only to then remember that she was gone.  Those thoughts can make for rough days.  Today my husband and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniverary.  We had a nice discussion about how much Ashlie changed our lives and how much the changed the lives of those around us.  She was deeply loved and is deeply missed.  Some of my favorite times spent with Ashlie were:  after school when we walked the trail, when we sat on the patio after school talking about my flowers and nature, when I read aloud her communication sheet from school which told what she did at school that day, when I "ooo-ed and awe-ed" over her artwork, when I sang to her, when I twirled those beautiful curls around my fingers, and simply when I held her.
     Next week my grandbabies will be here from Florida!!  My oldest grandchild will be 3!!  WOW!!  Time sure flies!!  I also applied for two new jobs this week.  We will see if I hear from either of them.  My current job is becoming almost unbearable.  I fight within myself to "NOT get attached."  It is EXTREMELY difficult to watch another family getting to enjoy their child, who is SO much like my Ashlie, when I can't enjoy mine.  I know God has a plan...  I just wish he would let me in on it!!
TaTa4Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment