Friday, May 11, 2012

Blog! I've Been Neglecting You!

Well... so much has happened.  I'm back from welcoming my 3rd grandchild into the world!  A baby boy.  Mom did awesome, baby boy... not so much at first.  He had pneumonia :(  After spending the first week of his life in the hospital, he finally got to come home.  It took him a bit to start gaining weight, but he's doing great now!  I cannot believe how well my daughter bounced back!  It was her third c-section and I was concerned for her recovery time before I had to go back home.  No need to worry!  She did amazing!!  Thank you God!!  I thoroughly enjoyed the time that I spent in Florida with my daughter and her family.  It was a much needed break away from my stresses at home.  I remain not working.  It is a much needed break, but I'm finding myself bored.  I just can't get motivated to finish the last unpacking and going through.  It's been a rough journey... going through the last of the things that I have left from my Mom.  I have to downsize... no choice and I have limited storage options for what I do want to keep.  It's exhilarating going through things... and devastating at the same time.  I miss my Mom so very much.  I miss the comfort of going into their home and knowing... NO MATTER WHAT... they loved me.  They truly loved... ME.  I feel like the only thing I have left of them is just that... THINGS.  Yes, I know I have my memories... I will always have my memories.  But... some material things have special, special memories.  So... it's been hard.  I'm emotionally exhausted from all of it.  I have told myself that I can't craft until I get everything unpacked and put away.  Ugghh... I hate fighting with myself.  I want to craft... it's actually fun!  But if I get started crafting, I will NOT finish my unpacking/sorting.  So... here I sit... staring at my wall decor that needs to be hung and the boxes that I need to put away and/or find a home for.  Bah humbug.  I also have found myself missing my little patient a lot this past week.  I felt as though I was a part of that family, I mourn that loss too.  Of course... I will always miss Ashlie.  Such a sweet butterfly...  Mother's Day is in two days :(  I'm dreading it...
TaTa4Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment