Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day

Yesterday was Mother's Day... the day for Mothers... my 7th without mine.  I missed her terribly... from when I awoke... to when I fell asleep.  I just simply missed her.  Last year's Mother's Day was devastating without my Ashlie, it was my first without her.  This year, 7 years later, I'm again missing my Mom... just wanting to see her one more time.  My heart is also aching for my sweet patient's Mom this year.  (My 6 year old patient that passed in March of this year.)  I, unfortunately, know the depths of her pain... the loss of a child.  Something you don't "get over in time"... something you just simply learn to live with.... creating a life without them... a life honoring their memory.... something I have had to do after losing my parents so close together.
The bright spot of my day?  My oldest son taking me out to eat breakfast!  I had the pleasure of his company, his future wife's, her Mom, her brother, and my youngest son's!  I treasure ANY time spent with my kids!  I know that I haven't always been the best Mom, but I do know that I put every bit of my heart and soul into being the best Mom that I know how to be.  Hopefully, they will forgive my faults and know how much I truly love them.  I am so very proud... and so very lucky to have them in my life!
TaTa4Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment