Saturday, April 23, 2011

Listening to the Music for Ashlie's Services

This morning, as I await my grandbabies arriving, I am listening to the music we chose for Ashlie's services.  Words can not express how much it means to me that my oldest daughter was able to help me find those songs.  I feel as if those songs were written just for us!  They are truly beautiful songs.  It just isn't fair that she had to leave us so early.  She had such a terrible start in life.  We just wanted to make life better for her... and just wanted her to know that she was loved... no matter what.  Maybe I should share these song titles with you, perhaps they could bring you some comfort also.  Here they are:
"I Can Only Imagine" by MercyMe (Contemporary Christian)
"Angels Among Us" by Alabama (Country)
"Only Time" by Enya (New Age)
"Fly" by Celine Dion (Pop)
"In the Arms of an Angel" by Celtic Woman (?)
"One Sweet Day" by Maria Carey (R & B/Soul)
"Holes in the Floor of Heaven" by Steve Wariner (Country)
"Wind Beneath my Wings" by Bette Midler (?)
"Sissy's Song" by Alan Jackson (Country)
"I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston (Pop)
"My Heart Will Go On" by James Horner from "Titanic" movie (Pop)
During her visitation, we played all of them in the background.  At her funeral service, we played the first four, in that order.
Ashlie, you sure were and still are loved and you are greatly, deeply missed.  Your beautiful smile touched many people.  It is impossible to forget.  Keep the rain coming for that tree the school planted!
TaTa4Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment