Monday, February 7, 2011

What People Who Are Grieving May Need

What do people who are grieving need?  Believe me... I have first hand knowledge that they DO NOT KNOW what they need.  They are caught up in the grieving process and are not able to ask for help.  So... what could they possibly need?  That is a very difficult question to answer.  What I can tell you from my view point is this... I just simply need to know that people care and that they have not forgotten Ashlie.  As others are able to "go on about their lives" in a more normal way, we are still bound by grief.  Things as simple as a "thinking of you" card, email, text, however you feel best connecting with someone... it is simply that fact that you cared enough to let us know you were thinking of us.  I am sure that the grieving person does NOT care how they receive comfort.  Often people forget that siblings grieve too.  Offer to take the surviving siblings out to do something, anything, even just a coke, to allow them time away and allow the parents much needed time alone.  Personally, I LOVE to hear "Ashlie" stories.  For I do not want to forget her, and treasure how she touched others lives.
TaTa4Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment