Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wacky Wednesday?

My dog, Patch, had a BAD seizure yesterday.  If I haven't previously mentioned, the doctor that performed Ashlie's autopsy stated that she passed from a "fatal seizure."  So, as you can imagine, I was absolutely petrified while Patch's was happening.  It wasn't his first.  I truly expected him to just simply die.  As it was happening, I tried to comfort myself by thinking that at least I will be holding him when he passes.  It is odd just how many aspects of our life are affected by our loss.  I find myself often just sitting... waiting... for my next loved one to pass.  Weird...  I know.  Then, I find myself wondering... how can I survive yet another loss?  My Dad, expectedly... my Mom, unexpectedly, but a part of you knows eventually you will bury your parents... then my daughter, unexpectedly.  My youngest son also has health issues, he was born 12 weeks premature in 1993.  There is a strong possibility that we will bury him too.  Perhaps that is why I find myself just waiting... waiting for the next loss to come.  I know that I need to rely on my faith, but that also is something I struggle with on some days.  I am anxiously awaiting church on Sunday again.
TaTa4Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment