Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Dear God...

Dear God,
PLEASE STOP TAKING PEOPLE THAT I CARE ABOUT AWAY FROM ME!  Have you not taken enough? 
      I just spent the past several hours with a precious child and his loving family.  I have been blessed to have been this little guy's nurse for just over a year now.  Although it has been an emotionally difficult journey for me, I will forever treasure every moment that I spent with him.  This child was born into a family that loved him.  A family that took him to wonderful places on joy-filled vacations.  I just witnessed this family lose something that was most precious to them... their son.  Unfortunately, I know this most horrendous pain.  God?  Is this why you sent me there?  To help them through their difficult journey?  What's next for me professionally?  At this time, I do not want to provide direct care to children any more.  I have treasured the opportunities it has provided me... the opportunity to truly make a difference in one's life.  Tonite I feel... mission accomplished.  I think it is time to move on... time to find a new way to make a difference in someone's life... time to take a different path.  We will see.  God be with my little patient's family.  I am comforted, and a bit jealous, that he is in heaven with my Ashlie.  Running, playing, laughing, giggling... I will forever remember his beautiful smile and that big belly laugh.  God rest your soul.

0 comments:

Post a Comment